Beef Short Ribs with black pepper sauce (黑椒牛仔骨)
- Beef Short Ribs approx. 400 g
Onion 1/4 pc
- Spring Onion / parsley 2 pcs for garnishing
- Soy Sauce 1/2 tbsp
Sugar 1/2 tbsp
Corn Starch 1/4 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper 1/2 tssp (to taste)
- Soy Sauce 1.5 tbsp
- Sugar 1.5 tbsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper 1/2 tbsp (to taste)
- Cornstarch 1 tsp
- Marinate the short ribs with soy sauce, sugar, corn starch, and black pepper. Mix it well and marinate for 30 minutes. Chop the onion.
Use medium to low heat to pan sear the beef short ribs on both sides to around 70% cooked. Take it out and set aside, leaving the oil in the pan (pour away some if too much oil).
Stir fry the onion in the pan using the oil from the beef. Cook until the onion softens. Return the short ribs and stir fry them. Add in the sauce ingredients, and cook until the sauce thickens. Adjust to taste.
Plate it and garnish with chopped spring onion/parsley. Done!