Chicken Patty with Lotus Root (雞肉藕餅)
Lunch, Dinner, Meat
- - Minced chicken meat 250 gram (or boneless thigh meat minced with blender)
- - Lotus root (minced) 50 gram
- - Ginger (minced) 1/8 tsp
- - 1/2 egg
- - Cornstarch 1 tbsp
- - Salt 1/4 tsp
- - Chopped spring onion for garnishing
- - Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- - Mirin 2 tbsp
- - Rice wine / sake for cooking 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
Mince the lotus root and ginger, and mix with minced chicken meat, egg and corn starch and salt. Divide mixture into 8, roll into a ball then flatten into patties.
In a frying pan, add some oil and pan sear the patties until both sides are browned. Cover with a lid and cook for another 4 minutes on low heat.
Add in sauce ingredients and cook until the sauce reduces and thickens.
Plate and garnish with chopped spring onion
Tableware used in the photo is made by Ceramics by Key