Clay Pot Rice with Mushroom, Chicken and Sausage (北菇滑雞潤腸煲仔飯)
Lunch, Dinner, Meat
- 2 Upper Chicken Legs
- 2 Dried Mushroom (冬菇）, soaked in water to rehydrate for at least 2 hours
- 1 Dried Sausage （臘腸/潤腸）
- 1 cup (about 180ml) of rice
- 0.8 cup (about 140ml) of warm / hot water
Green part of 1 spring onion
- Leave part of 1 coriander
- White part of 1 Spring Onion
- stalk part of 1 Coriander
- 4 small slices of ginger
- Light Soy Sauce （生抽）
- Shaoxing Wine (Chinese Wine)(花雕酒)
- Oyster Sauce
- Light Soy sauce (生抽）
- Oyster Sauce（蠔油）
- 1 tbsp Lard
- Root part of 1 coriander
- 1 spring onion
- 3 shallots
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine (Chinese Wine)(花雕酒)
- 12 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Light Soy Sauce (生抽）
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce（老抽）
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce （蠔油）
- 1 tsp Sugar
Marinate for chicken leg after defrosting and chopping:
Marinate for mushroom after rehydrating:
Sauce (amount for easy cooking, can be used 3 to 4 times):
- Wash rice and drain. Defrost chicken leg. Chop chicken leg into small pieces. Marinate for 30 minutes (see ingredients). Marinate the rehydrated mushrooms (see ingredients).
Prepare sauce. Chop shallot, coriander root and some stalk, spring onion. Heat lard with low heat. Add the aforesaid ingredients and stir fry until soft and fragrant. Add wine and evaporate a bit. Add water until boiling. Turn to low heat and add all other sauce ingredients. Cook until simmer.
Add rice and water to clay pot. Cook at high heat until it starts boiling. Turn to low heat. Place the marinated chicken leg, mushroom and sausage. Close the lid, cook for 5 min. Change position and cook for 3 min. Repeat 3 times.
Add lard on lid and cook for 4 more min. So in total the rice and toppings are cooked for 18min in total.
Do not open the lid and rest for 10 min.
Open the lid. Pour two tablespoon of sauce over the topping and rice. Add the garnish. It's ready to serve!