Drunken Duck Tongue (Duck Tongue in Wine Sauce)(醉鴨舌）
- Duck Tongue 500 gram
- Bay Leave 3 pcs
- Splash of ShaoXing Wine (Chinese Wine)(花雕酒)
- Huajiao (Sichuan pepper)(花椒) 1/2 tsp
- Anise (八角) 1/2 pc
- Chilli 1 pc (optional)
- Shaoxing Wine (Chinese Wine)(花雕酒) 300ml
- Fish Sauce (魚露) 3.5 tbsp
- Sugar 1.5 tbsp
- Dried Goji Berries (杞子) 1 tsp
- 1. Defrost duck tongues. Mix all ingredients of marinate in a large bowl.
- 2. Boil some water, splash of Shaoxing wine and bay leaves in a saucepan. Cook duck tongues in the boiling water for 3 minutes. Put duck tongues in ice water immediately and leave it in for about 5 minutes until cooled. Put the bay leaves in the marinate mixture.
- 3. Put the duck tongues in the marinate mixture. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge overnight.
- 4. Done!
The marinate mixture can be reused for two to three times. It can also be used to make drunken chicken wings.
Tableware used in the photo by Ceramics by Key